Purap Seat Cushion for Wheelchairs & Pressure Soars (NEW)
Model #: B00J43P7HK
The PURAP seat cushion has been designed specifically to help prevent and treat pressure sores (decubitus ulcers, pressure wounds) and sitting pain. The fluid 3D Flotation technology, which has been tested at the Stanford University Hospital, provides the lowest peak sitting pressures.
- Size: 20 x 18 x 1.5 inches | Weight: 2.4 pounds
- Weight limit: 250 pounds
- Waterproof top cover: Useful for incontinent patients
- Thin (only 1.5 inches thick), flexible and portable
- Caution: Clean with mild cleanser wipes. Do not put cushion in washing machine
- PREVENT PRESSURE SORES – PURAP eliminates high pressure ‘hotspots’ that create pressure sores
- HELPS HEAL ADVANCED STAGE SORES – PURAP dissipates pressure effectively and prevents skin shear. This helps sores heal faster
- CUSHION FOR WHEELCHAIRS, RECLINERS, CAR SEATS, AND OTHER CHAIRS – PURAP is highly effective in lowering pressure in most chairs
- CLINICALLY TESTED TECHNOLOGY – 3D flotation technology was developed in California, clinically tested at Stanford University Hospital, and has published clinical data
- OUTPERFORMS GEL AND FOAM CUSHIONS – PURAP is more effective in lowering pressure than foam, gel and air cushions
- The clinically tested fluid 3D Flotation technology uses 3 different layers - a unique fluid, air, and foam. The fluid layer is closest to the body and increases the direct support area for your body.
- The fluid moves freely in the bladder to provide dynamic pressure reduction. This prevents pressure concentrating on any one spot and provides a uniform low pressure. The foam and air layers are designed to provide comfort.
- Other cushions compress and 'pack down' to form a hard surface. This distributes pressure unevenly and creates high pressure 'hotspots' under the sacrum, ischium, and tailbone. These hotspots are the starting point for sores.
- PURAP does not 'pack down'. It eliminates high pressure hotspots and provides low uniform pressures. This prevents the formation of sores and helps existing sores heal.
- When you sit on a foam or gel cushion, you "sink-in" and may experience some instant relief. However, these cushions then push back against your bottom which creates high pressure hotspots.
- With the PURAP cushion, you don't sink-in. The fluid layer may feel "firm" as it is designed to increase support area without compressing. It dissipates the pressure laterally away from the body and does not push back against your bottom.
- We recommend you observe your pressure sores and sitting pain for a week to start seeing the benefits of the PURAP cushion.